[Archive] - Proposed Code of Conduct for Members of the Harrogate Band - 1981
- Thou shalt have no activity or interest of higher priority than the Harrogate Band.
- Whilst on stage during engagements thou shalt assume the likeness of graven images and refrain from unseemly conversation.
- Thou shall not take the words of thy Musical Director in vain.
- Remember the Band Practice days, to keep them free of other activities. Five days shalt thou labour at thine individual practice; but the other two days thou shalt abandon thy family and attend rehearsal.
- Honour thy fellow players. Mock them not when they play bum notes.
- Thou shalt not kill time in idle speculation about the methods and motivation of thy Musical Director.
- Thou shalt not adulterate the melodious sound of the Band by reason of intoxication with alcoholic liquor.
- Thou shalt not steal a crafty drag on stage during engagements.
- Thou shalt not play false notes through lack of individual practice.
- Thou shalt not covet thy Musical Director's wife nor his ass.