Examples of what we can do|
The Harrogate Band undertakes a wide variety of musical performances each year. Some typical examples are given below to give you an idea of the events, musical options and the range of the band's services.
Other opportunities not mentioned here are always welcome - the band is happy to take on new, different and interesting work.
Corporate Events, Weddings, Fundraising, Concerts (with further examples), Christmas Entertainment.
Harrogate International Conference Centre
The Band are regulars at the Harrogate International Centre and The Royal Hall.
Clients include: IATFL, The Harrogate International Beer Festival, The Firefighter's Charity.
Use the Band to entertain and impress your shareholders, suppliers and clients. We can perform at an AGM or special shareholders event.
Clients include: Northern Rail, Biggo Enterprises,
Open Days and Special Events
We perform at school, college and company open days providing background background music and entertainment.
Clients include: Askham Bryan Agricultural College, Royal Horticultural Society, Yorkshire Dales National Park, Ripon Races, Bolton Abbey
At the reception
Church: There's nothing better than having the sound of a quality brass band in a church. Use us to play the bride in, accompany hymns, perform background music as the congregation arrive, perform while you sign the register, play you out with some fantastic processional music.
Civil ceremony: We play background music as people arrive, perform when you sign the register and can play you both out as you and your guests leave the room.
In the Church
- Performing music in the church before the ceremony starts as the congregation arrives
- Playing the bride in as she walks down the aisle
- Accompanying the hymns
- Performing during the signing of the register
- Playing processional music as you both walk back down the aisle
- Performing at the end of the service as people leave
- Playing the bride in as she walks down the aisle (you can't beat live music)
- Performing during the signing of the register
- Playing as the bride and groom process out
- Performing at the end of the ceremony as people leave
Michelle and Marc Silverside
Allerton Castle - November 2010
"Please say thanks to everyone again,
we loved having you as part of our day.
So many of our family and friends talk about
the band and how amazing they were".
Couples like to mix and match so we frequently share duties with other musicians and performers. For instance since some churches insist you have to pay their organist some couples will use the organist for accompanying the hymns. Some will have friends performing during the signing of the register.
- Performing inside or outside as people arrive at the reception
- Playing background music during the wedding breakfast
- Playing background music between the wedding breakfast and the evening party
How we help you choose your wedding music and prepare for the day
We're pretty flexible and open to your requirements and we also will come up with ideas and suggestions if asked. For instance if you don't know what hymns to have we'll suggest some and if you want a hymn that's unusual or where the music hasn't been written for brass band we could arrange it for you.
We have a CD we can send you of processional music available for you to choose what you want to walk down and back up the aisle to and we're equally happy to play something of your suggestion, one couple asked for the Star Wars theme which we were able to do. If you wanted to come to the Bandroom to listen to us play the processional music then we'll arrange this for you.
We've plenty of experience playing at weddings, especially in churches and hotels and we've plenty experience of working with vicars,organists and hotel managers.
Let us help you raise money for your charity or good cause.
Our concerts each raise hundreds of pounds for charities and good causes as well as awareness raising.
We specialise in putting on entertaining, top quality concerts for clients including:
- Firefighters Charity
- The Oddfellows
- Round Table
- Holy Trinity Church Ripon - Christian Aid
- B'nai Brith
- St Peter's Church, Harrogate
- Hampsthwaite Village Society
- Harrogate Hospital Friends Trust
- The Retailers Charity - Caravan
Use a concert to bring people into your establishment. We can help you raise income and awareness for a particular cause whether it be commercial or charitable.
We perform concerts to suit all tastes and welcome performances with other groups such as choirs, orchestras and wind bands.
Whether formal or informal, lively or serious or both we've plenty of experience over the years of working with a variety of clients and groups.
Our themed concerts are popular with audiences, examples include:-
You can't beat the authentic sound of a traditional brass band playing carols at Christmas.
We're used by a variety of organisations at Christmas time to add a traditional feel to their Christmas events.
What we do:
the sound of The Harrogate Band at Christmas is not to be missed.
- Background carol music at a hotel dinner,
- Leading residents in a participatory carol singing in a home,
- Live carols in your retail outlet
- Performing music as part of fundraising reception
Existing clients & venues include:
Brass at Christmas - See an example concert
- The Swan Hotel, Harrogate
- The Majestic Hotel, Harrogate
- Marks and Spencer
- Grove House, Harrogate
- Thistle Hill Care Centre, Knaresborough
- The Empress pub, Harrogate